Tuesday, March 25, 2008

St. Barts, the Island of Love

Hey everyone,
So for starters, I'll just have you know that my bangs look awesome! I am totally loving them!
Only a few problems have come up throughout the course of this lovely vacation.
1) The issue of shopping.
2) The issue of communication. We are all on different time zones, and I can't seem to catch anyone (and how 2000 is email? SICK).
3) Okay, let's face it. Almost every vacation destination (with the exception of Italy) has food, not necessarily good, that is different to our systems. St. Barts is no different. So what is the result of this, you ask? Well, go for the American foods, of course. In other words, sugar is a temptation everywhere!
4) Lack of boys!

Being the very insightful girl that I am, I have come up with simple solutions to the above problems, as I am sure that many of you have come across the same issues. Listen closely girls, because this is advice coming straight from Massie's head:
1) Not too difficult. Us girls love shopping because we love the feeling of making progress, and improving ourselves. Go online! Shop! Neiman's, Nordstrom, eLuxury, Barney's, Anthropologie, you name it! Not only will you feel better about yourselves when you are done, but when you get home, feeling all miserable because you're freezing again, you'll be greeted by boxes upon boxes of new, ah-mazing purchases! It's a total win-win.
2) I, like many of you, I assume, cannot stand not having cellular service. So aside from this blog, which is more of a favor to you, really, I have cut myself off almost entirely from my friends. Eliminate the drama and catfights, because this is Spring BREAK! It's not like you'll never see your friends again, after all.
3) I know I've always told all of you that sugar is far from your best option in terms of snacking. And I maintain that. When you have a sweet tooth, go for some grapes, an apple, or a banana. However, as this is a vacation, even I have been snacking on a few M & M's here and there. Don't worry though, you won't be seeing the results of those on my thighs, because I'm doing yoga and tennis every day. I'll be as trim as ever when I get back!

Alright, now that that's covered, and before I answer my fourth problem, I'll get to what I'm sure you've all been wondering. First of all, what's going on with me and Dempsey, and second, why I titled this blog "The Island of Love". Read closely. Even closer.
For those of you that don't actually know me, but have found this blog one way or another, let me fill you in on a little secret...DEMPSEY IS NOT A REAL PERSON. Okay?
Also, Derrington and I called it quits a while ago. I need someone who doesn't like hanging out with a bunch of sweaty guys and balls (excuse the unfortunate pun) than me. Done.
So being single, I have ahb-viously not been totally immune to the abundance of physical male perfection around here. Being Massie Block, I really haven't even found it necessary to introduce myself to any of these hotties. One of them, we'll call him *Zack, made himself known to me, and we have since hung out a few times. I can't say for sure where this is going, ladies, but you know I'll keep you up to date.

Fashion tips seemed to be a big hit yesterday. I have a few special ones for you devoted readers, created specially for this time and day.
1) In: aviator sunglasses are b-a-c-k back! If you're still wearing those metal-rimmed sunglasses that are not aviators, they are on the outs. Dunzo. End of story.
2) Out: Flip flops! Especially the tacky Juicy ones, that everyone seems to find so...chic? No. I don't care if you're going to the beach. You always must be a 9, no matter what. Flip flops are an automatic 6 or below. Ouch.
3) In: Glaceau Vitamin water and Pellegrino water. Sugary sodas are a com-plete waste of calories. They're not even that good.
4) Light make up! I can't tell you how many girls back home (you know who you are) are overdoing their eye make up. No no no. The full eye-lined look matched with the colorful eye-shadow is more out than backwards caps and shoulder pads. Black mascara, black eyeliner on your bottom lids, foundation, and lipgloss are all you need. Period.

I'm running out of time. Have any questions or comments? Comment on the blog. Want to get to know me better? Ask me for my screenname. But please, those rando bitch fits on my blogs? Puh-lease. I am Massie Block. End of story. This is not make believe. If you don't want to read about us, leave. If you don't like each other, sort it out yourselves. Honestly, fighting on someone else's blog? Could you be any tackier?

Massie.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a fun trip
i want to know about this zack guy!

Massie said...

Cool.

Gina said...

I like your blog!

Anonymous said...

i think that she means Zack efron.... derrrrrr lah-usssser!

Aly said...

anyway, agreed on the whole "od'ing on the makeup" thing. i always go for natural beauty.
and aviators has been in.
i got the new tinted dior pair
last friday. adorable.

---------aly[:

Anonymous said...

Haha um...Aly?
I looked at your old posts, and you have not been to loyal in the past. And looks to me like someone might be lying about their financial situation...who goes and says how rich they are?
If you're rich, people know it. You don't have to say it.

Anonymous said...

true dat! plus, I HEART UR HAIR ALY!

Anonymous said...

I know I'm not on "the list" but do you have any tips to look super cute if a guys about to ask you out?

Aly said...

thanks, anonymous!!
and alicia?
um. im rich. okay. woo-hoo. big deal. no ne has complained about me "bragging" so i kinda don't care.

----------aly[:

Anonymous said...

oh, and u and ur "friends" on the beach is a really bragg-ey pic.

Aly said...

excuse me, but how is it
"BRAGG-EY"?
it's just a picture of me and my friends at south beach.

grow up.

----------aly[:

Anonymous said...

ummm OK aly. u r real cool. and every 1 just hearts u :)

hopefully u caught my sarcasim... i was layin' awn u pretty thick.

Anonymous said...

heyy massie!! id rather nawt say my real name- just incase freaks look at this....so u can call me Jay. I really luh-ved ur books! or should i say Lisi Harrisons.which eva- i luv 'em. I read your blogs, and you seem nicer then in the books. lol. but seriously, you sound fun. im not that popular in my new school, but i do have lots of friends and a couple BFFs i can ALWAYS trust. i find it hard to keep everyone pleased and still wanna be your friend...how do you do it?!?! you are like a freakin role moodel. ill comment you more!!! :]:]

Anonymous said...

ummm "Jay"? u r ah-biously Jayelyn!!!!!!!! or trying to b her. ur nawt succeding sweetie... so just stawp trying to b cool.

Anonymous said...

I just luh-uvv this blog x 10!(hope i dont sound like an LBR cuz im totally nawt, EW!) Anyway Mass, i really wanna send u an email.

thx,
girlygirl624

Anonymous said...

hey Massie,
i luh-uvved ur books(or Lisi's)!
U r like a role model to me even though im most like Dylan.i really wanna have ur email,cuz u r soooo cool(i hope i dont sound like a LBR lol)

thx

iheart10things said...

I'm a totally loyal clique fan! I heart Cam and Claire!
CAM AND CLAIRE 4EVER

Alice Rachael Block said...

Wow, you really do sound like Massie (that's a compliment) :) Keep posting

Anonymous said...

whats your screenname? :).